Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tomato & Cucumber Salad

As promised in this weeks harvest post here is the recipe for my very simple tomato and cucumber salad.  I made this to take to my brothers house this past weekend.  This is a great pot luck idea as it soaks up more flavour over time (keep cool though or the veg will lose their crunch).  Below are the ingredients.  This can be changed up as well.  Add some fresh mozzarella cheese if you like (I don't eat cheese - i know weird).  You can use any type of vinegar and I switch it up depending on what's on hand.   

Chop up all the veg and drizzle with vinegar (it's really good if you make it about an hour in advance and put it in a ziploc in the fridge to suck up all the flavours), add dried herbs and fresh basil.  Yummy!


On a side note: While at my brothers I got to see his veggie garden.  This is his first year growing veggies and he's started with pepper and tomatoes in pots.  They are looking good!  Way to go bro, can't wait to see you build a raised bed next year - you're hooked now.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Yummy, I cant wait for our summer to come, the tomatoes here are going up in price day by day, Last week they were $12 A KILO THIS WEEK THEY WERE $15! So meanwhile I will drool over pics like yours!

    ReplyDelete