Monday, March 19, 2012

Watermelon mojito

This afternoon I made a drink I've been wanted to try for a while now. Since I have mint in my herb garden I've been drinking mojitos lately. I wanted to watermelon mojito. So glad I did. It's fairly easy and delicious.

First make mint syrup.
1/4 cup water, several large sprigs of mint and 1/4 cup of sugar. On the stove top bring to a simmer so all the sugar is dissolved and the liquid turns a greenish hue. Should smell like sweet mint :).

Then in a food processor or blender blend 3 cups of cubed watermelon and the segments from 3 limes. Until you have a smooth purée.
Combine this with the cooled mint syrup and 3 shots of white rum.

If you like you can strain this ( I do but I'm picky). Serve over ice with a couple mint sprigs for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment